What's it like to live and teach English in Madrid, Spain?
Watch this video to see ITA Alumni Ambassador, André Mileti, share with us a day-in-his-life living and teaching English in Madrid, Spain.
In this video, André covers:
- How he legally obtained his student visa to teach English in Spain
- Difficulty in obtaining a working visa
- How much money he saved before moving to Madrid
- If cost of living in Madrid is affordable
- Whether a degree is needed to teach English in Madrid or just a TEFL certification
- Whether it was hard adjusting to life in Spain
- Hiring seasons for English teachers in Spain
- A tour of his Madrid apartment
- If non-native English speakers can get a job teaching English in Spain
- A breakdown of his monthly expenses including rent, groceries, phone, transportation, etc... and more!
A former printer salesman turned filmmaker, André decided to learn Spanish on a whim at the age of 20. Three continents later, he’s teaching English in Madrid. Read more about André.
Learn more about Teaching English Abroad
Request a free brochure or call1 (773) 634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.