What's it like to live and teach English in Germany?
Watch this video to see ITA Alumni Ambassador, Tamie Arietta, share with us a day-in-her-life living and teaching English in Hamburg, Germany.
In this video, Tamie covers:
- Why she chose Hamburg, Germany
- How she opened her own Language Academy
- How she helps other expats with the German visa process
- Hamburg fun facts
- Private teaching and how this was a better option for her
- Language School pros and cons
- Private Tutoring pros and cons
- Average rent prices and what you can expect when apartment hunting
- Interviews with other ITA Alumni that just arrived in Hamburg
A true nomad at heart from San Diego, Tamie has explored most of the United States but had never been abroad until given the opportunity thanks to a massive layoff from the corporate world. After almost a year of traveling, volunteering, and studying around the world, she found a way to combine her passion for traveling, helping others and teaching in Hamburg, Germany. Read more about Tamie.
Learn more about Teaching English Abroad
Request a free brochure or call1 (773) 634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Teach English in Germany - Country Profile
- 5 Things That Surprised Me About Living in Cologne, Germany
- [Video] Teaching English in Dusseldorf, Germany with Lynsey MacLaren
- Teaching English in Berlin, Germany - Teaching Q&A with Conor O'Riordan
- General Job Search Tips from an American English Teacher in Germany