What's it like to live and teach English in South Korea?
Watch this video to see ITA Alumni Ambassador, Tim Unaegbu, share with us a day-in-his-life living and teaching English in Geochang, South Korea.
In this video, Tim covers:
- What visa he teaches English on in Korea
- Work/school attire
- Classroom teaching assistants
- Number of classes/schools taught at per week
- Introduces us to his students
- Average total monthly expenses in terms of rent, utilities, phone, groceries, transportation, etc
- Classroom syllabuses
- Learning Korean and how it can benefit you
- The visa process
- Public school contracts and what free things are provided to you (allowance)
- The social aspects of living in Korea
A man of adventure! Tim doesn’t like to stay in one place too long, he is a laid back person that loves a new challenge. Tim loves exploring new places and making life long memories along the way. Read more about Tim.
Learn more about Teaching English Abroad
Request a free brochure or call1 (773) 634-9900 to speak with an expert advisor about all aspects of TEFL certification and teaching English abroad, including the hiring process, salaries, visas, TEFL class options, job placement assistance and more.
- Teaching English in South Korea - Country Profile
- A 6-Step Plan - How to Get a Job Teaching English in South Korea
- Visit the Alumni Ambassador Corner - South Korea
- 10 Things They Don't Tell You About Living in South Korea
- [Video] Teach English in Gumi, South Korea with Ben Corda
- Dare to Dream: Teaching English in South Korea